
I read a book, persuasion by Jane Austen.
I had an image that books which are written by Jane Austen must be difficult to read. But this book has changed my mind. It was very interesting and I finished to read it in an hour.
The main story is about a girl, Anne. When she was nineteen years old, she loved a man and wanted to marry him. But her father who didn't care much about her didn't allow and her close friend who was her mother's friend talked to her to wait and find a richer, more important man. The older woman's persuasion slowly began to work. She told the man she couldn't marry him. He left there and then she didn't want to marry anybody.
More than seven years after that, he came back to the country and she met him. But they didn't talk each other like before. Then some events were happened around them and finally.....
This book is one of "Penguin Readers" series. This is a book series for some English levels and this Persuasion is placed in Elementary level. English is very easy. Also the stories are simplified so it makes easier understand. I think this series are very good way to touch many good, famous books. I'd like to read them more.
I had an image that books which are written by Jane Austen must be difficult to read. But this book has changed my mind. It was very interesting and I finished to read it in an hour.
The main story is about a girl, Anne. When she was nineteen years old, she loved a man and wanted to marry him. But her father who didn't care much about her didn't allow and her close friend who was her mother's friend talked to her to wait and find a richer, more important man. The older woman's persuasion slowly began to work. She told the man she couldn't marry him. He left there and then she didn't want to marry anybody.
More than seven years after that, he came back to the country and she met him. But they didn't talk each other like before. Then some events were happened around them and finally.....
This book is one of "Penguin Readers" series. This is a book series for some English levels and this Persuasion is placed in Elementary level. English is very easy. Also the stories are simplified so it makes easier understand. I think this series are very good way to touch many good, famous books. I'd like to read them more.
No comments:
Post a Comment